Sunday, September 8, 2013

Hello Summer :) 9.8.13

Hello All! 

If you are reading my blog, I hope you had a wonderful summer. I started classes 2 weeks ago at Coe. I am very excited to be a junior and I am thrilled to be able to share my experiences this year with you again. This semester I am taking Statistics and Analysis in Psychology, Abnormal Psychology, History of Modern and Contemporary Art, and Gender and Art in America. I have already been keeping myself busy with late nights in the library, but that's o.k. because I am here to learn as much as I can! It is great being on campus and seeing new and familiar faces every day. The Kohawk Nation spirit never fades, and that is just one of the things that makes Coe so unique. 

Since I have been at Coe, I have had fun exploring Cedar Rapids with my friends by going to the NewBo fresh market, Art Festivals,  volunteering, and I attended a Cedar Rapids Kernels Game. Cedar Rapids has a lot of diverse and interesting opportunities to explore. I have also gone to a few sport's scrimmages and a few Women and Men's soccer games on campus. There have also been some talented acts who have come to Coe brought to you by the Student Activities Committee. 

This summer, my family and I were tourists of our own city, Chicago. I loved eating at different cafes + the Taste of Chicago, and spending endless hours in museums and at Navy Pier with friends.  During May Term, I volunteered with Habitat for Humanity and helped put the roof together and worked on the basement of the Youth United Build. At the beginning of the summer I traveled to Ithaca, NY to see my older brother graduate from his University. I was extremely proud of him, and he serves as a great inspiration to me. I also had the privilege of working at the University of Chicago in a Comparative Human Development and Evolutionary Biology Lab as a Research Assistant. I learned a lot and am very glad I had that experience.  I am slightly upset that the summer went by as quickly as it did but I am grateful for all of my experiences. I am happy that I am back at my second home again, Coe. 


 Chicago from the Ferris Wheel 

Celebrating the Black Hawks Victory with my friend Ellen at the Parade :)

You can never forget about Giordano's deep dish pizza...

Ithaca, NY = Beautiful 

Betsy and I at the Bean!
Best,
Nina :)


No comments:

Post a Comment